Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Dining Room Shelves

Today I want to show off my amazing shelves that my husband made me. I have been planning to make these longer than I have owned a home!  
 
 
These beauties were whipped up by my handy hubs in about 30 minutes. Then I had to paint them. Be sure you paint every side and angle because mine are high enough that you see underneath them when sitting at the dining table. They are hanging on the wall directly behind my table.

I am sure most of you have seen the adorable House of Smith shelves that she updates for each season or holiday. Since I have a mantle for the seasonal décor I will most likely change these out much less often. I didn't do a tutorial since hers is so easy to follow and we pretty much followed it exactly!
 
 
 
After they were hung, the fun part starts: decorating!! I went with a rustic chic style. I used everything I already had on hand minus the jars and flowers. They are just ball jars from hobby lobby that I spray painted the outsides of with Krylon spray paint in Catalina Mist. I didn't want to do the paint on the inside because I want to be able to fill these with water and put real flowers in this spring and summer.
 
 
 
  I used the same spray paint to give the little bird on top a new look. The dishes are from JCPenney from several years ago. We use the large plates and bowls daily, but these little plates and tea saucers really never get used. The silver platter is a goodwill find and the Laugh sign was a gift from a student a few years ago. The chalkboard and candles on the top are from Hobby Lobby. The ramekins are Corningware that came as a part of a wedding gift.

 
What do you think? I think they add so much to the space! I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment